- On this Website (including its integrated third party platforms);
- On other platforms we use to facilitate our management of the services we provide to you (e.g. conference registration sites); and
- In email, text, other electronic messages or by telephone or other communications between you and us and (if you are a member) between you and other members through the Website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, we welcome you to contact us at: email@example.com.
1. Acknowledgement of this Privacy Statement
2. Personal Information You Provide Voluntarily
We collect personal information at our Collection Places that include, but is not limited to, name, telephone number, email address, employer, professional title, date of birth, home or business and mailing address, gender, details regarding your entity and business, your job title, username and password, company contacts for corporate members, photographs, and education.
The personal information you are asked to provide (including whether its provision is mandatory or not) is needed so that we may facilitate your access, purchase, use and/or participation in our service offerings, such as (collectively “Services”):
- Conferences & Events;
- Educational programs;
- Online forums;
- Certification/accreditation activities;
- Volunteer opportunities;
- Products for sale;
- Career services;
- Surveys; and
- Any other services and products that are updates or extensions to our Services or relate to other member benefits.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to enjoy certain components of our Services.
Additionally, we will also collect personal information when:
- You request us to contact you via mail, e-mail, or telephone to provide information, updates, or promotions about our Services;
- We enter into agreements for affiliated partnerships (e.g., exhibitors, sponsors, advertisers).
We will provide you with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of your personal information before we use or disclose the information for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose described below.
At other times, we may collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit our Websites. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
3. Personal Information We Collect Automatically
Under the laws of various EU countries, cookies may be served, as long as individuals have provided their consent, having been given clear and comprehensive information, in particular about the purposes for which their personal data will be processed. In at least the above-referenced countries, effective consent may be provided by using browser settings, as long as you take positive action. Before using our Website, you are advised to check your current browser settings to ensure that the settings reflect your consent for us to place cookies on your devices.
We may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit f our Website. We may collect information about the pages that you visit and the time spent on each web page or area of the Website, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and other actions that you take while using our Website. This information may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser, the time that your browser was used to access our Website, and the referring website’s address. We may also use tools such Google Analytics.
We may also collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other individuals who visit our Website. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
Our Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Websites. The technologies include web “beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear gifs.” These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our product and service campaigns and marketing programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Website, and help determine the best use for Website content, and product and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Internet service provider’s server logs, and may be available for extended periods of time.
We will offer you the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether your personal information is: (a) to be disclosed to a third party and that third party intends to use the personal information for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected; or (b) We intend the personal information to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you.
5. Our Use of Your Personal Information
Applied Client Network may use your personal information to:
- Provide information about our Services and affiliate partnerships;
- Fulfill your member benefits;
- Facilitate your attendance/participation at our conferences and events (both in person and virtual);
- Track your attendance at conferences and trade shows (including exhibitor spaces);
- Prepare invoices and process payments;
- Respond to any of your questions or requests or other communications you send to us;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered between you and us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us;
- Present our Website effectively to you; or
- Perform any other legitimate purpose reasonably consistent with your membership or affiliated partnership.
Additional uses of your non-personal and personal information will allow us to tailor our Services specific to your needs, to help organize and manage our relationship with you or your business, to conduct business, to provide you with support, and to perform functions that are described to you at the time of collection.
6. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other Applied Client Network members may receive certain items of your personal information as part of a membership directory or through collaboration portals. In addition, if you sign up to attend a member meeting or other Applied Client Network-sponsored event, all other Applied Client Network members who sign up for the event will be notified of your intended attendance at the event and may be given your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are not responsible for other members use or misuse of your personal information; and
- Affiliated partners, such as exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers, may receive membership lists or event attendance lists that include your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are similarly not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal information by our affiliated partners.
We may also disclose your personal information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of Applied Client Network or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
7. Data Storage and Security
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information, and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet has inherent security risks. We cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access all of our Collection Places.
We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We will securely destroy or erase personal information from our systems when it is no longer required to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected. We also will endeavor to ensure the deletion and destruction of personal information stored and maintained by third parties. We may, however, retain some personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations, rules and court orders.
8. Children and Data Collection
Our Website content is not directed toward children who are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we or our Service Providers become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How You May Access and Change the Information that ACRONYM Collects
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Website, you may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about our products and services. Each commercial e-mail that we send to you will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. We may take up to 10 business days to process your opt-out requests. In some instances, we may have already shared your information with one of our authorized third parties before you changed your information preferences, and you may briefly continue to receive e-mail even after you have opted out. FTC e-mail compliance guidance allows us to send you transactional and relationship e-mail without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those types of e-mail.
10. Rooms/Forums/Message Boards/News Groups
Our Website may make digital forums available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information through these areas of the Website.
11. Webinar Use Disclaimer
Only Authorized Users (as defined in the ACN Course Webinar End-User License Agreement) are permitted to view or access ACN Course Webinars. Only those individuals that have (i) purchased a single use license; or (ii) been granted access pursuant to the terms of their employer’s ACN All Access Webinar Pass are authorized to view Webinars.
Webinars MAY NOT, under any circumstances, be viewed in a group setting, shared with any unauthorized party or viewed without a license. Violators will be subject to the legal consequences of unauthorized use.
ACN Course Webinars may not be downloaded, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, by sale or otherwise, edited, or otherwise used for any purpose without the express prior written permission of ACN.
Webinars presented by Applied Client Network (“ACN”) are intended for educational and informational purposes only. These Webinars were developed by ACN and its members and volunteers as a resource to insurance professionals and is intended to serve as a guide to understanding the specific topic(s) addressed. ACN is not undertaking to render specific advice. The information included in these Webinars may be based solely on the personal recommendations and experience of the presenter(s). ACN does not “approve” or “endorse” any specific products, methods, practices, or sources of information referenced in the Webinar.
You must rely solely on your own professional judgment to determine what practices, methods and techniques, whether included in the Webinars or not, are appropriate for you. State law varies; accordingly, none of the information contained in the Webinars should be relied on as a substitute for the laws of the particular state in which you practice or the specific policies established by your firm.
By using or relying on the information presented in the Webinars, you expressly assume all risk of loss, harm or injury resulting from the use or misuse of such information. ACN makes no guarantee, representation or warranty, express or implied, at law or in equity, and expressly disclaims any and all such guarantees, representation or warranties whatsoever, as to the validity, accuracy or sufficiency of any of the information presented in the Webinar. Neither ACN (including, without limitation, its officers, employees, and members) nor any individual presenters is responsible for any injuries, claims, losses or damages that you (or any third party) may incur arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of any information presented in the Webinars.
If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using (an independent resourced mechanism) as a third party resolution provider.
13. General Information and Privacy Support Contact